Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tears of Joy

Ethan called out to me tonight, about 45 minutes after he went to bed. I walked in to his room to find him sobbing. I asked him what was wrong,

"I'm (sob) just so full (sob) of joy!" (big sobs)

I wish I had a picture of his precious little face. He asked me if that ever happened to me, if I ever cried from being full of so much joy. I told him how I sometimes cry when I hear a song that really touches me, and at other times when I can just really feel Jesus' presence. Ethan said his joy came from the music he was listening to just then... "Sunday Morning Songs" by Bob and Larry. So precious.

13 comments:

Heth said...

Oh, that is SO precious. Give him a hug from Aunt Heth.

Anonymous said...

"Oh where is my hairbrush"....... do you have that CD? I sing that to Andrew all the time. How precious is that little Ethan? I can't wait for Andrew to start doing that stuff!

Counsin Jessie

Alene said...

Ah - melt a mommy's heart. What a precious moment? What incredible moments when we all feel so full of joy in the Lord. Blessings.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

What a sweet, sensitive spirit that little guys has...how exciting to think how God will use his life!

melanie said...

so sweet!! a moment to treasure in your heart for sure!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hands down--sweetest thing all week.

Truth said...

Doesn't that just melt your heart to hear the tenderness your little one has for Jesus?

My Elisabeth was much like this. When she was 8, her cousin of the same age was visiting. He had never been to church, so Elisabeth was busy filling him on what to expect.

"And sometimes," she said, "when you're singing praises to God, all of the sudden your eyes get all teary and you start crying. But it's not a bad thing. It's a really good feeling you have, but you just can't help but start crying."

My poor nephew just stood there looking a little frightened.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Wonderful!
I am so glad you wrote this down! Kids are so much more sensitive to the Lord than we realize. His little heart so tender to the things of God! JOY!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

That is just too sweet!

His Girl said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Tracey said...

soooooooo cute!

Still Learning said...

I Love it!!!

Angela said...

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing (and visiting my blog - we'll see how long I last :-).