Monday, July 16, 2007

New Stuff!!

Weeeeeee! I'm so excited, we finally got some patio furniture!! I found a table and 5 chairs that I love love love from Sears. I had ordered and paid for the base and umbrella from a different mall, of which I received a call two days later informing me that even though I paid for them they didn't actually have them in stock. That was disappointing. I decided to keep the table and chairs because I completely love them and I'll just take my chances on finding an umbrella that matches. I probably won't find one till next year, it's slim pickins this late in the season. Our friends across the street helped us bring the dining set home in their mini-van, which leads to MORE stuff!


We are currently looking for a mini-van! No more crowded three-kids-in-the-back-seat, no more Owen and Ethan smacking at each other with poor Emily in the middle having to endure it, no more "He's touching me! He's teasing me! He's LOOKING at me!!!" because they'll have their own seats hopefully one behind the other...ahhhhh I can't wait. We aren't going to rush it, though. We are buying a used vehicle and will wait it out till just the right one comes along.


We are also going to be getting a WATER SOFTENER! No more itchy scratchy skin and dull life-less locks, no more soap-scum on the skin between my fingers. No more scrub scrub scrubbing just to get the showers/tubs/fixtures to look clean.


Oh! I bought a tent! It sleeps 6. We set it up in the back yard on Friday night and the boys and I "camped out." Except our experience was short-lived because of some extremely noisy late-night neighbors having a little get-together on their back patio. About 12:30 a.m. I brought the boys in because I just couldn't sleep. We'll try it again another night, maybe on a week night before school starts.


Anyway, that's our latest exciting news!

2 comments:

Heth said...

Yeah, but now you will hear "HE'S KICKING MY SEAT!" Ya just can't win, I'm telling you...

Anonymous said...

A van is the way to go!!!!!!

You will love it!!!!

Patty

But try to get one where the seats fold down into the floor....I am forever trying to get french fries out of the removable seat grooves :-)