Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Summer Sports

Owen and Ethan both wanted to play t-ball this summer. Ethan had his first practice and I'm pleased to say he has shown TREMENDOUS improvement from last year!!! Not once did he wrap his arms around my leg and say he was too shy to go out on the field. He went after the ball when it was hit to him, and he hit the ball good and hard when it was his turn. With about 15 minutes of practice time left, he said he had to stop because he was sore. You see, he had an injury earlier today. He opened a bottom cupboard door so he could climb onto the kitchen counter to get the ice cream cones down. When he jumped down off the counter, he straddled himself on the open cupboard door!!! I've never seen him cry so hard. Poor kid. So when he said he needed to stop because he was sore, I didn't have a problem with that.


Tonite, Owen has his first practice at 8 pm. He's pretty excited. I wonder how all of this is going to work. Once again I over-booked the kids. They are in t-ball and football. I guess we'll have to miss a few practices here and there. I need to remember to sign them up for only one thing at a time.

1 comment:

Heth said...

Poor Ethan! Ouch!