Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thank You, Jessie!

Awww, my cousin Jessie just called. She's making Christmas cookies from Grandma Margaret's special recipe. She made them last year, too because Grandma died, just a few hours before Emily was born. I was so emotional last year from her dying, having baby blues, and dealing with the fact that we were moving 10 million miles away from everyone that I didn't even eat a single cookie. I thanked Jessie for making the cookies again this year and told her to make a LOT. She laughed and said I could count on it, because it just wouldn't be the same without Grandma Margaret's cookies. I couldn't agree more.


7 comments:

Still Learning said...

What wonderful legacy your Grandmother left her Granddaughters!


Blessings,
Patty

Heth said...

Nate just called your Mom tonight to get the frosting recipe. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Hi from Aunt Carol -

That was so nice of you to remember Grandma Margaret. She would be thrilled to know that her family traditions live on! The cookies, the chocolate roll, the Christmas Eve feast(just like Gram always did). Cant wait to see you guys.

Truth said...

Aw, that is so precious. So what kind of cookies are they?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This is a sweet story because the underlying theme is hope; did you know that? Sorrow doesn't come to stay; it comes to pass.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

That's so sweet!

I'm sorry about the loss of your grandmother.

Anonymous said...

Awh Andrea - so sweet. I love tha pic of gram too. Did you notice she is eating in the pic? That is what she did best. I can't wait for Christmas and cookies, and fun.

Cousin Jessie