Thursday, December 13, 2007

Update

Woohoo! I'm sitting here with nothing to do! The house is CLEAN and Emily is napping! Okay, I could vacuum, but why wake the baby? She needs to sleep anyway, she had her one-year shots today. Everything went great, 20.08 pounds, 29 inches long, no one-year molars yet.


I must say, it's a pretty good feeling to have the house so clean. Part of me, a very small part of me, is thinking that maybe I will try to keep this up when we move to our new house. I pretty much just do a smaller load of laundry each day, I squeegie the shower really well to keep it from getting filmy and mildewy, make the beds right away, stuff like that. We'll see what happens when we move, right now I'm all talk.

So far, we have had no showings. I'm not that surprised, it's the toughest time of year to sell a house. I know last year everything went really well, we had lots and lots of showings and sold the house in two and a half weeks. This time it's different, but that's okay. Eric's company will buy the house from us after it's been on the market 60 days. We found out the average time a house is on the market here is 8 MONTHS. Thank you, Nationwide, for being on our side.


But I'm ready! In case we do get a call.


I wish I could take credit for how awesome the house looks, but the truth is, the stager told me to put this here and move that there and get rid of those and add some of these. Except the Christmas tree and stockings, those were my own vision.


I absolutely LOVE our bedroom. For the entire year that we have lived here, it's pretty much been no furniture except a bed, a floor lamp, two t.v. trays with little lamps and alarm clocks on them. No color or decorations. Well, the stager said we should really try to make it feel like a retreat. My husband had no problems having us spend a little money to warm up the room. We moved the t.v. cabinet into our bedroom and I got a chair, some pillows, vases, candles, a couple of side tables, some artwork and I LOVE it! Mom helped me hang everything up and arrange it. I just do not have any artistic talent at all. I know it's prideful boasting, but I'm going to share pictures because it won't last long. And looking at this room reminds me of how much Mom has done for me.

3 comments:

Still Learning said...

I LOVE---LOVE---LOVE IT!!!! A retreat----what is that like?

You can bring the kids here if you have nothing you need done a home for a while! Luke found out you will be close to a certain amusement park we saw on TV. He's pretty excited for the boys!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

There's nothing wrong with wanting to show people what is making you happy right now. It looks really, really nice!

And you truly are blessed to have a company that will buy the house from you if it doesn't sell in 2 months. So many people don't have that luxury!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Gorgeous. Not just pretty, but gorgeous.