Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You know, things are going pretty well right now! It has, as it turns out, been MUCH easier to get this house ready to sell and keep it clean than it was last year when we moved. The boys usually make their own beds, but since everything has to be picture-perfect, I've been doing it. This morning I was up in Owen's top bunk making the bed when I realized I did this last year when I was 9 months pregnant and CLEARLY exceeded the weight limit for the top bunk. I'm surprised the thing didn't come crashing down on me. It's much much easier to get that bed made now!


The boys spend most of the day in school, and they are pretty good about not touching the walls or the furniture or sitting on the beds or accidentally drying their hands with the decorative towels, or leaving stuff laying around. We've all gotten pretty good at living here without living here. Emily's a little more challenging. I'm watching her now, she has figured out how to walk on her knees! YAY! Won't be too much longer and she'll be walking on her feeties! I see she has one of Grandma Margaret's really old books I had set on the hall table. She's into everything.


Her favorite cupboards to get into are the one with the cleaning supplies and the one with the coffee maker. The stager told us to completely clear our kitchen counters and just make a space in that cabinet there for the coffee maker. I put chairs up in front of those cabinets to keep her out. It makes her really mad.


But when I think about last year, I really don't have any stress at all with this move. I've learned that I CAN live far away from our families, that it's really not the end of the world. We'll be moving just a half a day's drive away from here, so we can come back here and visit anytime we want.
I just thought I'd throw a random picture in just for fun. Here's our tree!

4 comments:

Heth said...

It looks great! Any showings yet?

PJ said...

Wow! The room is beautiful. Really great "staging!" Love the tree!

Still Learning said...

I LOVE YOUR FIREPLACE ROOM! You do a wonderful job... You could be a host on HGTV!!
But, where's the TV? My kids would be in withdrawal!

His Girl said...

now I totally want to come sit in that room with some cocoa.

hope it works for you!