Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Buddies


I love it when the boys play nicely together. Here they are playing Zathura. What's really great is Owen can read the cards.


Well, mostly. Each card starts with a description and at the bottom has a command. For example, the card might read, "Pass Planet Galactagon and encounter less wind resistance" or "Your navigational experience is needed" I found Owen calling out, "Mom!" every time they drew a card, which was about every 30 seconds, so I finally showed Owen to just read the command at the bottom of each card, which would read something like, "Lose a turn" or "Move ahead 1 space." That helped them be able to play more independently, and I was able to get stuff done around the house.


Well, mostly. Emily is getting more demanding every day it seems!

4 comments:

Heth said...

Oh little Emily Ann...
She's just wishing she could join in the Zathura game.

Anonymous said...

We later played Payday with the following results:
Owen => $28,400
Ethan => $16,700
Dad => $14,400

/sigh

Truth said...

I didn't know there was a real Zathura game. (Ok, maybe not real like the movie.) We did enjoy the movie, I've seen it way too many times.

Still Learning said...

Your kids play together without fighting??????????


I need some tips....