Saturday, October 6, 2007

Party Like It's 1995

I am having an absolutely thrilling weekend. My sister-in-law Heth and her youngest son Toby flew over for a little visit. This is wonderful because I live 8 million miles away from all my family, and I miss them terribly.



Heth and I shared a boxed of Twinkies and looked at numerous cute and trendy hairstyles on the internet, drooled over an apple cake recipe in Family Circle magazine, stayed up way too late chatting, did some laundry (she folded the monstrous pile of clothes in my bedroom while I dropped my kids off at school, she just can't stay away from that laundry, to my delight of course) typical stuff that thirty-something moms do.



Then we drove HERE!!!!



We're in a hotel right now. Heth and Toby are still sleeping, but I'm one of those people once I wake up, I'm up, so I thought I'd do some bloggin'. I wonder if Heth can hear the click-click-click of my typing...




But LAST NIGHT we saw our favorite band, Blindside, (along with some impressive local bands and Edison Glass) at The Underground, this really amazing Christian hang-out/concert venue.



This is my third time seeing Blindside with Heth. The first time was a few years ago. We were fairly close to the stage and even wound up in the middle of a mosh pit (most terrifying!) The second time was in my hometown in Iowa, just a couple miles from my house. And then last night.



Although the target audience for Blindside is high school/college, that didn't stop us from going and enjoying the music. The cutest part was that several people approached Heth, with Toby in wrap, and asked if she was Christian's wife (the lead singer of Blindside) or one of the band wives. I'm guessing Christian is in his mid-twenties. But you see, that's just Heth. She's so glam and so stinkin' cute. When people saw her, they were thinking, "She HAS to be someone from The Band." She has That Look. And wears it very very well. You'll see when we post pictures which will be coming soon.

I'm old. My ears are still ringing. But it was so worth it.

3 comments:

Still Learning said...

I am so HAPPY for you! There's nothing like family to make your heart soar. (And music!!)

Truth said...

You both look fab! What a treat you had-you should do it more often.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You are BOTH very cute. And the fact that you included her cute shoes in the report completely endeared you to me.