Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Excitement!

I'm so excited! Tomorrow is Easter! I've been whistling "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" all day today. And "Praise Adonai" too. But anyway, I just got back from the store. I bought all the groceries for Easter dinner tomorrow. Remember when I made my first Thanksgiving dinner last fall? I'm rearin' to go for Easter. Going to try a couple new things like cherry sauce with our ham and a sweet potato dish with apples baked in it. Yum!

On the drive home from the store I got to thinking about how our families are so far away, and we'd be celebrating without them. They'd be celebrating without us. I started feeling a little homesick but then caught myself imagining Emily being old enough to help me with the cooking. I can't wait for that, me and Emmy in the kitchen together. Now my boys are old enough and could help me, too. That'd be just as precious. But they'd rather play than cook. And that's okay. Maybe Emmy won't want to help in the kitchen, either. I sure didn't when I was a kid. I would have rather been out shooting baskets or something.

So tomorrow we'll go to church at the E Free church we've been visiting. It's the same one I've been going to for precepts. It's huge, over a thousand people, so I imagine the music will be quite spectacular. I always get emotional over the music. It's just the way I respond. Some people raise their hands, others call out "Amen!" but me, tears. I always try to hide them though, because I don't want people to think something's wrong. It just comes over me. But in a congregation of well over 1,000 people, I can't imagine anyone noticing. That's when it's nice to just blend in with the crowd.

I hope you all have a beautiful Easter Sunday tomorrow, filled with thanks and awe for all Jesus has done for us!

5 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm a cry-er too :)I just realized today, that the song "Broken & Beautiful"...I choke up every time it gets to the part of the verse that says, "worshipping the God who can, bring him back to life again." Every. Single. Time. Happy Easter...the meal sounds delicious!

Truth said...

I am not a teary person by nature, but I'm amazed at the tears that come during worship/music. Must be God's way of softening my heart.

Heth said...

We'll miss you too!

Another crier.

PJ said...

I always cry during worship -- well often, anyway. I do my share of "amen" or "hallelujah" too, but tears are the thing when my heart is really touched. God meets me in worship and I just cry. Doesn't sound like you're at a place where you need to hide it!! Just let them flow...It's beautiful to God!

Still Learning said...

I have cried many a time as well. We had the traditional type of dinner and then Godfather's Pizza....YUM!!