Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's the Phone


I was on the phone with Patty and Emily was whiny, so I grabbed a cookie and gave her a bite. As she walked away from me, I just kind of ate the rest of the cookie. Soon she was back, whining. I was still on the phone so I grabbed another cookie, gave her a bite, and off she went. Of course I finished that cookie, too. Do you know that during my telephone conversation with Patty I ended up eating SEVEN cookies from Emily's whine-take a bite-wander off routine? But it was great talking to Patty!


Which reminds me, I was having a nice conversation with Vicki yesterday while driving to town to do some shopping. It's a good 30-minute drive, and the last time I tried to drive it by myself I got miserably lost. And I was even paying very good attention. Well, I'm happy to say that this time I did not get lost at all! I reached my destination smoothly and in great time, even while talking on my cell phone and not really paying attention to where I was going.


Did they pass that law here that says you get a ticket with a really high fine if caught talking on your cell while driving? I better find out...

6 comments:

His Girl said...

I used to be a big phone talker at home but now that i have my cell, i am bothered to talk when I am at home... I prefer to use drive time for chatting. I guess it's time to get a better bluetooth if I think I want to keep up the habit!

is that your phone? CUTE!

Heth said...

All calories eaten while on the phone trying to silence a a whiny child don't count. Those cookies are calorie free. Ask me about my other calorie rules sometime.

Truth said...

I like Heth's ideas about calories and cookies. My son calls me while he's driving. It's nice, but we can be right in the middle of a conversation, but he has to cut it off because he's reached his destination. I'm liking text messaging more and more. (But not while driving.)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

If you get pulled over, offer him one of those cookies.

Still Learning said...

I agree with Heth. Oh - and I didn't hear Emily whine at all....worked great! Great talking to you as well!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

this is too cute!

Do you think she kept on with the whining just to keep the cookies coming? ;)