Thursday, September 6, 2007

Just Catching Up

Emily has been very busy crawling around, picking up EVERY LITTLE THING and putting it in her mouth. But this is good, because it really forces me to keep the floors clean. I'm sweeping and vacuuming much much more than I have been lately.

I decided that Emily must be ready for "real food" since she was trying to eat every little thing she'd find on the floor. So I gave her a biter biscuit.





She loved it, and after making it all slippery from her slobber, she had a blast squishing it in her hands, kind of like a bar of soap. The boys were jealous that she got a "cookie" and so I broke one in half and gave them each a part. Ethan loved it, Owen wasn't thrilled but he still ate it.

Emily was covered in cookie and needed a bath. I wasn't going to be able to clean up all the cookie just by wiping her down with paper towels or baby wipes. I thought about how I was going to need to clean out the tub and didn't know where to put her, all covered in cookie, while I went upstairs to do that. So instead, I just cleaned out the sink and put her in there. It was actually easier to bathe her in the sink, because she couldn't crawl all over in the tub, she was pretty much stuck in one spot and couldn't wiggle away from me, plus I didn't have to bend over.




Last night I lowered Emily's crib mattress, because she can pull herself up into a sitting position all by herself! I definitely need to lower it to the bottom holes tonite, because today I walked in and found her like this!!
She was trying to get a doll that was sitting on the couch and discovered how to pull herself up into a standing position. It won't be too much longer, and then it's Houston, we have lift off.


Emmy still loves to play in the end table. I thought I'd post this picture because it's just plain old cute.

Another favorite thing of hers is to crawl around and find the door stops that are connected to the wall. She's figured out that you can twist them and unscrew them to remove them from the wall. We've had to take them off for a while, because she will remove them and crawl around with one in her mouth, sucking on it.
That's all I have for now! Things are going great, we've gotten into a good school routine. I can't wait for football to be over so that the boys get to bed earlier on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights! Tomorrow night our church is having a drive-in movie, where they set up a projector out in the parking lot and have a huge screen to show a movie. We'll be going to that, it sounds like a blast!

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Ann, what an absolutely adorable child! These pics made me smile. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Actually, I'm not from Granger; I'm from Union Chapel in Muncie, but we know Granger and follow their lead in several things. Our believe our senior pastor is friends with Granger's senior pastor. Oneighty is part of Church on the Way in Tulsa. We are part of something like a Oneighty franchise, I guess. I hope you stop back by!

Heth said...

Mmmm, Biter Biscuits.

melanie said...

she is such a honey!

Still Learning said...

I LOVE IT!! She is so adorable and will be keeping you on your toes for a long time. She just wins you over with her smile!! Of course she stands for her dolly.
Tell me -- what does her bloomers say? Aren't girl's clothes fun?