Thursday, November 1, 2007

Just a Thought

As I was typing that previous post, I could hear Emily in the living room playing with something that sounded like a box. I figured she'd gotten into her tub of toys.

Just now, I peeked over the counter at her, and she was pulling the baby wipes out of the container! I just kind of said, "Emmy...no no..." in a cute "I'm gonna getcha" voice. She smiled really big, giggled, and tried to crawl as fast as she could away from me! It was so cute!

It reminds me of Ethan, when he was about 18 months old, he snuck into the pantry and got a cereal bar out. He came waddling into the living room with it. I said the same thing..."Ethan, no no..." and as fast as he could, he crammed that whole cereal bar into his mouth!! Owen had a similar experience with the dog's Pupperoni treats.


I feel a song coming on, to the tune of "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands..." (mom always made up songs about us, I sing the same ones to my kids)

I've got three cute kids...yes I do!
I've got three cute kids...yes I do!
I've got three cute kids...yes I do!
And I love them oh so much....

2 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I used to change lyrics all the time and sing to my kids. I had them singing things like, "Who's the greatest mommy in the world? Linda Crow!" when they were toddlers! I just changed up the lyrics, and they loved it. They're teenagers now and can still remember some of them.

Still Learning said...

Today MG annouces from the back carseat "I put all of the tissues on the floor" Yep- pulled every one out of the box into a mounding pile the floor. Real Kleenex brand also :-( Of course it was an "accident"

I change most every childhood lyric also.-- just like my Mom did