Friday, November 9, 2007

Warm and Cozy

I love our fireplace~I usually sit or lay on the floor right in front of it. I love the warmth and the glow. I'm going to miss it when we move. Hopefully we'll find a house with another fireplace.

We can't let Emily be free when the fire is turned on, but the pilot light alone doesn't generate enough heat to burn her.


Last night when Eric got home from work he lit the pilot light and got it going. We ate supper and the kids wanted to play a game. We usually play at the table, but Eric suggested we sit by the fireplace. I put Emily in her exersaucer and we all sat on the floor and played Sorry. When the game was over, we put the kids to bed and watched t.v. Eric fell asleep almost immediately, laying right in front of the fireplace. I ended up watching a movie with Natalie Portman and Susan Sarandon called "Anywhere But Here." It was such a cozy evening.

2 comments:

Truth said...

I too love sitting in front of the fireplace. I know what you mean about it being so cozy.

Still Learning said...

Wow!! Only thing better would have been playing apples for apples with your friends!!