Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Boys

Yesterday, our church had a HUGE Christmas Craft Bazaar. The entire gym was packed with vendors. I was absolutely amazed, how do people make this stuff? And why can't I do that? I'm just not gifted in the area of crafts at all. It was so fun to see all the people, and I was able to help out by sitting at our Pray and Play table to sell crafts that the other moms in our group made.

They had a kids' area in part of the building with games and even a shop for kids to buy presents for their families. The boys spent the whole morning in the kids' area while I worked at the table. It was absolutely precious. Owen spent pretty much all of his tickets on buying gifts for Emily, Eric,and myself. For some reason, he omitted Ethan... And then Ethan used his tickets to buy himself stuff, "Because they had really cool stuff there, Mom!" I just thought it was so cute. It just shows how they are two different boys at two different ages of development.

Sometimes I can't wait for those two to get older, I can't wait to see who they'll be, the kinds of conversations we'll have (hopefully they'll still want to talk to me). I hope that we'll be able to go camping, hiking, kayaking, all kinds of outdoorsy activities. I hope that they'll be best buds with each other all their lives. I hope all our families will be able to stay near to each other.

2 comments:

Still Learning said...

I love it! I can totally see them doing this! I am so glad have been there and can visualize the fun and some of the mom's that might have been there!

Truth said...

Sounds like a fun day. I remember when my kids were little. It was fun to see them "shop" for others, who they didn't think of, and who was first on their lists. Smile. Thanks for the memories.