Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Experiment

Well, I thought I'd make a goulash of sorts for supper tonite. I had the macaroni cooked, ground beef browned, green peppers and onions diced, cheese and spices added, and went for the can of kidney beans. I always have at least two cans of dark red kidneys because I make chili and taco casserole a lot. But tonite there were no kidneys. I thought we could just go without, but it would really seem lacking. I thought maybe Eric could grab a can on his way home, but then supper wouldn't be ready till really late. So...

I put a can of peas in. Drained of course. We'll see what happens!

3 comments:

Still Learning said...

Waiting to hear if it was good! Do you remember how much Luke liked "balls" when he was little. Now I'm a horrible mother to make him eat 8! He still likes "trees" (broccoli)! Rachel Ray made something similar on TV today....she used black olives!
:-)

Truth said...

So how did it turn out? As you probably know, I am terrible at following a recipe. But often adding something new turns out even better. (Or even leaving something out.)

Anonymous said...

Andrea -

If you remember your childhood - you would have added a can of pork & beans - we call it Beanlash. It was one of your favorite foods!

Love - Aunt Carol