Friday, February 29, 2008

Embracing Accusation

Another song I can't stop thinking about. So many times I have to pray that Jesus will block out Satan's voice so I can only hear Jesus.


Embracing Accusation
by Shane and Shane
from their "Pages" album

The father of lies
Coming to steal
Kill and destroy
All my hopes of being good enough
I hear him saying cursed are the ones
Who can’t abide
He’s right
Alleluia he’s right!

The devil is preaching
The song of the redeemed
That I am cursed and gone astray
I cannot gain salvation
Embracing accusation

Could the father of lies
Be telling the truth
Of God to me tonight?
If the penalty of sin is death
Then death is mine
I hear him saying cursed are the ones
Who can’t abide
He’s right
Alleluia he’s right!

Oh the devil’s singing over me
An age old song
That I am cursed and gone astray
Singing the first verse so conveniently
He’s forgotten the refrain
Jesus saves!



*Sorry I can't figure out how to add songs to my blog, but you can hear it on YouTube here. This particular version has an extra part added by John Piper.

4 comments:

Lee McKusick said...

If you copy the Embed code from the Youtube page into your blog post, you can have the video appear on your blog. You might have to go into the Edit HTML section though.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Our youth minister played that song for the kids at the winter retreat. That was the first time I'd heard it. Very powerful!

marine's words said...

ann, that is so beauitful always have a song in your head or make up one your self God will Love it!!
after all God does have a song for us.
But go back to my blog for the rest of the story.marina

Truth said...

How I wish you lived closer. I think it would be such fun to get together with you. I'd even babysit so you and your hubby could get a night out on the town. You are such a sweetie and I'm thankful I've been able to get to know you online. One day we will meet, if not here, at least in heaven.