Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Heartstrings

Music is really important in my life. I listen to it all the time. The only secular music I really listen to anymore is Enya from time to time, otherwise it's only Christian bands. I like a very wide range, from mild and mellow Shane&Shane to harder Blindside which surprises many people. I'm just so mysterious...haha.

When I find a song that I really love, I listen to it over and over again. Lately, I've been listening to Heartstrings Come Undone by Demon Hunter. The reason I love this song is simply because of the melody. It's unusual. Some of the lyrics are touching, but I haven't figured out what they mean. Maybe the lyrics are personal to the band. I'm wondering if the song was written for someone who is really lost and is afraid to let Jesus love him/her. Or maybe the lead singer is reflecting on a past mistake he made and how he hurt someone. When I listen to it, I tend to think of and pray for people I know who just keep rejecting Jesus. Anyway, I just thought I'd share the song with you.

7 comments:

marine's words said...

Hi, ann just got your post thanks for stoping by my son just lost one tooth my grand son is the one who lost2. anyway I hope to get to know you have a bless day. marina

marine's words said...

PS. I love music too lately I have been lisetening to TravisC he travles with Beth Moore and sings on the "step up " bible study love his voice. marina

Heth said...

I love their sound.

Andrea Frazer said...

Thank you. I will listen to this later as a present for me when I'm done with my deadlines.

Meanwhile, thank you for reading my stuff. I look forward to reading yours.

Still Learning said...

I'll have to listen to them. Anything is better than Enya....you know how I feel about that! :-) Thank goodness for Mp3 players and earphones.....studying in the house has become so much quiter!
P.S. I signed up for KLOVE's daily scripture....love it!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I've gotta check this out.

Truth said...

I'm the same way with music, I like a wide genre. I just wish there was more Christian Country. Off to check out the song.