Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

I'm so excited! Tonite, in about 20 minutes, a lunar eclipse will begin. We won't see another one until 2010. The best part about it is my dad is here!

When I was a kid, Dad spent a lot of time teaching me the different constellations. We had so much fun watching satellites go by, and sometimes we'd catch a meteorite or even a storm. There used to be a cornfield behind our house, and we'd often walk out there to observe the night sky. I'm so excited that he is here now and we can watch the eclipse together.

8 comments:

Heth said...

That was so cool. The kids loved it.

Still Learning said...

I forgot!! I need a personal Lunar eclipse reminder!

marine's words said...

Ann, thanks of posting I notice you put down you live in a small town I would think there would be more time for friendships.love,
marina

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

My husband and the kids went out to see it, but it was too cold for me. Sad excuse I know.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Those are great memories. Your short little post just said so much about your dad and childhood.

PJ said...

Cool! My granddaughters watched on their new telescope she got for christmas.

marine's words said...

Ann, I hope your bible study goes well and maybe bring out the coffee afterwards so you all can set around and talk those who can let me know how it went.
marina

Truth said...

Did you get to see it? What a precious memory for you with your dad and now you can have it with your kids.