Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Still Listening

I mean, it's incredible! How in the world did the people keep all this straight? Did Moses jot it all down for them and make extra copies? Can't you just see the priests with their manuals wide opened, asking, "Okay, Aaron, HOW many times are we supposed to sprinkle the blood? Is this a horns-on-the altar one or an in-front-of-the-curtain sprinkling?" It's mind-boggling.

I can't even follow a recipe a second or third time after I've initially cooked it without having my nose planted in that cookbook. It's incredible everything they had to learn, the discipline and obedience required. I'm such a slacker.

But then again, I imagine they had to do this continuously, so it probably didn't take long to get it down. And they had the Holy Spirit guiding them.

8 comments:

Lee McKusick said...

Not to mention that they probably had less in the way of other commitments, so they could concentrate solely on that.

Still Learning said...

I am inspired by you Andrea!!

Truth said...

I think they talked about those things daily. Over and over, repetition. The kids probably even had them memorized.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Isn't Leviticus fascinating? It is pretty amazing how many rules they had to follow. I got a kick out of the fact that they even have a priest-prescribed role for dealing with mold!

The Chronicles are what fascinate me the most, though. Just reading through all the roles of the Levites and who did what in the temple. You couldn't even be a singer (in the temple) if you weren't a Levite. Fascinating stuff.

Tina said...

yah, I know what you mean!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Also I wanted to tell you that we plan to watch the 2-hour beginning of the 4th season of LOST tonight--pins and needles! Did you hate that an Other was named Ethan?! I believe that Charlie is indeed dead, but we'll see. I will be so sad. He really grew on me.

His Girl said...

you've got my curiosity up!

thelappin5 @ yahoo . com

(remove the spaces!)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but I imediately thought of Monty Python and the Far Side as I read this post. I'm not trying to make fun of the bible but it just seems that some of the law stuff from the old testament would make a good Monty Pyton skit or part of a Far Side cartoon.
Eric