Monday, August 6, 2007

Cute Summer Pics

The boys and a couple of their friends were playing in the pool today, so I thought I'd take a few pictures. They're really too old for a little pool like this now, but it's been hard to get to the public pool with Emily. I have taken her a few times now, and she does love it. Next summer for sure we'll be at the pool every day. In the picture above, Owen has a grumpy face because he was irritated with the other kids running around in the grass and getting grass in the water. I can relate, I remember having the same issues as a kid. While the other boys would play and splash, he'd frantically try to scoop all the grass out. He even got Ethan's butterfly net out and scooped grass out that way.





I love having our patio doors in the living room. I have a great view of the kids while they're playing, and Emily can watch them too. She loves watching the kids play.


The other day the kids were whining that they were bored, so I thought I'd build them a fort. They were all excited. Ethan's reply to my little "fort" was, "Yeah, that's a pretty boring fort, Mom, but we'll make it cool."



After playing in the fort for about 13 minutes they were bored again, so I took the fort down and set up the sprinkler.



This is Emily napping with her "Lovey," a baby gift from Aunt Annette and Uncle Darin.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we shouldn't have left....That looks like a lot of fun! Emily is a doll!!

Anonymous said...

Do you remember when we used to make forts with chairs and blankets? Is that where that idea came from? We were the fort queens! Enjoyed all the pics.

Jessica

Heth said...

I love the one of Emily watching from inside. That is so, so sweet.