Friday, August 24, 2007

Please! I'm Begging You!

Please please please please nominate me for TLC's What Not to Wear. Seriously. I need help. I was feeling pretty good about the fact that today I actually did my hair and sort of did my make-up. I'm wearing dark brown cargo shorts that go just below my knee, lots of pockets and draw string thingies at the knee. Love them. Also wearing a brown ring tee that says LucasFilm. I've been feeling pretty stylin' all day today, until just now.


I just got back from the movie store, took the boys there to get some video games. Then I saw the guy, the kid working there. Pretty much had on exactly the same thing I have on, except his brown ring tee didn't say LucasFilm but something else. I am dressed today like a high school boy. I NEED HELP.


I seriously don't have a "style" and my dear sister-in-law and mother-in-law are so encouraging and offer suggestions, but I JUST DON'T GET IT. I really don't like clothes shopping unless someone goes with me and just brings stuff to the dressing room for me to try on. I don't want to dig through all that stuff and figure out what goes with what. Just pick stuff out and bring it to me. Or just nominate me for that show. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been embarrassed by what you have on. You always dress appropriately for the occassion. When going to a video store and just bumming around, what else would you wear????? I think you are one "Stylin" gal.....you don't need wardwrobe help, you need self asteem help. You have a great sense of style and it is appropriate for you and your personality....go with it in confidence and don't try to dress as you feel you should, but as you feel good !!!

Still Learning said...

Oh no ---- I need nominated first!!
Or we could spilt the money. Who needs New York prices? Shopping in the midwest would get us lots more clothes. You are always so cute!

Heth said...

What are you talking about? You always look adorable. You are looking at it all wrong, the high school boy is dressing like a cute, 30 something mom.

melanie said...

i agree with anonymous and heth- the one who isn't ever trying to be and thinks they aren't-are really the ones that are the most adorable and not trying to be cool- but really the coolest of all because they aren't trying and they simply don't care because they are themselves kinda cool but not, right?..??