Friday, August 24, 2007

Windows

We moved about 8 months ago (wow it's been 8 months!!) and little by little we are working on decorating it. We saved up our pennies and bought blinds and valances for the kitchen and living room. They were installed just the other day.


These are the two patterns I chose. I have red going through the living room and kitchen. I put the stripes in the kitchen and the floral in the living room. The colors are a little brighter in the picture than in real life.




I probably should have cleaned before I took pictures, but eh.


I know only one of the vases has grass in it, I've been deciding if I like the grass or not. I'll get more grass if I decide I like it. I also need to find a bigger mirror for above the fire place. This mirror will go in the hallway above the hall table. Or maybe I will just leave it there.




I'll be painting the walls on the main level a beige color that is found in the granite on the fireplace and counter tops. I think it will look really sophisticated and "grown up."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the valances....yes they look kind of wierd right now because of all the white wall and blinds, but.....when the paint goes on, they will really look great.

Still Learning said...

I love them. Everything is really coming together. Your home is beautiful!!

P.S. Is that Emily's melt-a-way treats on the table? That would mean she's able to lift her belly and will really be exploring soon? It will be so cute to see her running down the halls - chasing after big brothers! O and E watch out!!