Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Field Trip

Our church has a mom's group called Play and Pray where twice a month we get together and the kids play and we have Bible study or visit with each other. Over the summer we go on field trips. Today we went to the caverns.



Ethan did NOT want to go. He was afraid it would be dark and have lots of bats. I'm so glad he changed his mind, because he and Owen LOVED it. And as it turned out, everything was very well lit, and they only have one bat living in the cave which they actually hadn't seen in quite a long time.
This was my first time using the wrap out in public, I usually just use it around the house. I didn't have a mirror to guide me, and now when I look at it, it doesn't look quite right. But it felt fine, and worked really well for maneuvering around the cave. I'm glad I took it and didn't just carry Emily. That would have been tough.









After touring the cave, we mined for gems. The boys loved it and found all kind of cool rocks and minerals. We finished in the gift shop, where Owen got another little pouch of polished gems and Ethan got a sling shot. It was a great time! It got me really motivated to come home and get out all my earth science teaching stuff~rock/mineral identification collections, crystal growing kits, etc. I think the boys would love that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very brave women!!! I'm glad everyone had such a good time!!

Patty

Heth said...

You look adorable.

melanie said...

it looks like a lot of fun, but my hands are sweating looking at it!! deep breathes...
josh just walked by and i thought i'd share his comment: "she looks just like nate, right out of highschool."
have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

The wrap does look comfy and practical. Glad you took it.

I love cave, hate bats. If I knew I could go and no bats were around, I'd be loving life!!

Glad you all had fun.