Saturday, January 26, 2008

Audio Bible

I'm gonna clean the house today, Doo Dah! Doo Dah! I'm gonna vacuum while I play, Oh, Doo Dah Day!

Emily has a toy vacuum that sings that song everytime she plays with it. It's very catchy. And irritating. But I find myself wishing I felt like that when I clean.

I did discover something that really helps. I got an audio Bible for Christmas (thanks mom!) and it's got background music and everything. They've been out for quite awhile, but I tell you, it's so wonderful to listen to it while working in the kitchen or doing laundry. Eventually I want to put it on my Zune so I can take it with me everywhere.

I'm on disc 6, yesterday I listened to a bunch of the laws the Lord gave Moses to teach the people(disc 5, Exodus 17-33). Normally, I'd be asleep after about the third paragraph of trying to read it, but when pretty music and different voices are used, it's so easy to listen attentively. And if I catch myself not paying attention, I just go back and listen again. YAY!

2 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

That's a great idea!

Truth said...

I've thought about getting one. Something is happening as I (gulp) get older, and my near-sited vision is getting blurry. I never thought I'd be one of those people and need reading glasses. I don't really have a pair yet that I'm comfortable with and the bible print is really small. I'm not good at multi-tasking, so I'm not sure if working and "reading" would work. But hey, maybe it's better than mindless cleaning?