Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Update

Hooray I mopped my kitchen floor today for the first time! The move-in happened so fast that I didn't have a chance to do it before our stuff arrived. It was just as well because the floors got all yucky from moving all the stuff in.

It felt so good to really disinfect the floor, good ol' Lysol. Can't do that with wood floors (at least I never figured out how). And with a crawling baby who eats with her hands I want the floor to be as clean as I can get it.

Okay, I'm all talk. I DO want the floor to always be as clean as possible, but I know there will be days where the food will be picked up off the floor only because Emily crawled under the table and ate it before I cleaned it up. But I can dream.

I moved the couch just a little bit to center it with the fireplace. The t.v. is in the corner, and for optimum viewing pleasure Eric wanted the couch centered with the t.v. Well, I moved it. I bet he doesn't even notice :) And it looks much better, more put together. I don't think it will strain our necks too much to turn them slightly to the left to see t.v.

The other living room is all done! It's actually supposed to be a formal dining room, but we aren't ready for one of those quite yet. Plus I need a place to put the piano.

I'm having fun! I kind of don't want to work on the upstairs in the bedrooms because there is just stuff all over the place. I'll tackle it when I'm motivated.

Oh! I found Wal Mart! YAY!

We're all doing good, the kids are adjusting to school. It was different for them in that it's not a Christian school, it's public, so no Bible time or chapel time. They thought there'd be no more memory work, but wouldn't you know I found Owen's memory book from his old school! I'll keep working on it with them. I need a reward system, because they aren't as motivated to try since the teacher isn't making them do it. I want it to be fun for them. I'll figure something out.

That's about it. I like it here, friendly neighbors, two have already brought over a plate of cookies and a plate of brownies with their names/phone numbers. That was nice!

Everything's going to be just fine.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was home for less than 30 minutes and noticed the different angle on the chairs. Mor discussion with the committee on this issue :)
Eric

Ann said...

And I quote, "This is NOT a committee!"

(can't remember if Han or Leia said that)

Truth said...

I'm so happy for you, sounds wonderful!

Ann said...

Ah this happens all the time. I try to be funny and mess it up haha!

Leia says "I am NOT a committee!" I got it all wrong.

Still Learning said...

Pictures please!!!!!! Did Eric keep his perfect TV and recliners? That would be perfect to watch the Packers win the Super Bowl!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Haha! I was gonna correct your quote, but you already did!

I'm so glad y'all are all moved in and partially settled. New schools are always a little weird, but I'm sure the kids will get used to it! I'm glad you have nice neighbors who have made an effort to welcome you! I can't wait to see pictures. (There will be pictures, right???)

His Girl said...

I wish I could explain to you how your posts are being used by God to give me peace. I bet you didn't realize that when you were blogging about your move and your walmart find and your new neighbors that you were being used by Him, but... you just are and i thought you would like to know :)