Monday, January 7, 2008

Friendly Reminder

The packers come tomorrow! GAHHHHHH!

No but seriously, this morning at about 8:30 a.m. I got a call from the moving company telling me that they would be arriving tomorrow morning between 8 a.m. and 10a.m. to unhook our washer and dryer. I told them that sounds good and we'd be ready.

Then, at about 10 a.m. or so this morning I got a call from another lady from the moving company. They'd be by tomorrow morning between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. to unhook our washer and dryer. Yep, got that, we'll be ready, uh-huh. I wanted to tell her I already got a call this morning but I didn't. I was nice.

Then, at around 2 p.m. today I got a call from the moving company AGAIN telling me that they'd be by tomorrow morning between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. to unhook the washer and dryer. YES. I GOT IT. Actually I sort of interrupted her with my uh-huhs and yeps. But I did ask her, "Am I supposed to DO anything? Or do they just come in and unhook it?" I used a friendly tone of voice even though I wanted to be impatient.

She nicely said, "Nope. You don't have to do anything. I suppose just make sure all your laundry's done! See you tomorrow!"

DOH!!!!

I have PILES and PILES of dirty laundry that I've slacked off on because I've had this whole idea that I don't have to do anything for this move. They'll come in and take care of all the packing, all I have to do is "supervise." I completely forgot about all that dirty laundry hiding in our closets.

So THAT'S why the moving company called three times. God was telling me to get on the ball and do my laundry, otherwise those poor packers would have to /gag/ TOUCH it and pack it into boxes.

I'm so sorry for the bad attitude God, and THANK YOU for reminding me to do that laundry!!

1 comment:

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

That's pretty funny!

Of course, after calling 3 times to give you a time window, they'd better actually come between 8 and 10!

I hope all goes well with your move.