Saturday, January 26, 2008

Have You Heard of This?

We had some friends over last night for supper. He works with Eric and she is a stay home mom teacher just like me. They were our first guests in our new house. It was fun to have friends over, even though they still live 7 hours away (they are moving here for the company, too, and were on a house hunting trip).

I was absolutely enthralled with how she handled her three year old. She never got angry or disrespectful. She offered him a choice for every behavior. He was a very good boy, and I really admired how she didn't get sarcastic or use an angry tone with him. I finally just asked her about it, and she told me that while she was still teaching, before her son was born, she learned about Love and Logic. She used it in her classroom, so it was just natural for her to use it with her son.

Have you heard of it? It seems like a really good program. They sell kits and everything, but I'm thinking I might just try one of their books.

1 comment:

Still Learning said...

Wow, My son's school is starting this program for 6 weeks. I thought I was to busy....I might have to revisit that thought. I am so glad your friends are moving there soon!