Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Heth


Heth, yesterday was your birthday. And I forgot. I called you to tell you all about me and didn't even once ask you how your day was going, let along tell you happy birthday.

I miss you terribly. You are so beautiful, fun, loving, and humble. I love how you love my kids just like they are your own. I've never ONCE heard you gossip or say anything negative about anyone. You are the kind of person other people see and say, "I want to be like her." You truly bear the fruit of the spirit. (Titus 2 woman!)

I think way back to when you and Nate were dating. You were my goobery brother's cheerleader girlfriend. I didn't know you at all, and I was too wrapped up in my own selfish life to take time to get to know you. I never would have thought back then that you would become my most best friend ever.

You marrying Nate was THE best thing that ever happened to our family! You'll never ever know how much you've touched my life and how Jesus has worked through you to change my life. I love you Heth! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Tina said...

absolutely beautiful! I am all teary-eyed reading this. you are so right.

Happy Birthday Heather. You are amazing. I love you too.

Okay... so I had your birthday written down for today so when I read the first part about how it was yesterday, I was like "WHAT?" I wrote Tuesday!!!

Happy Day Dear Friend!

His Girl said...

what a wonderful tribute that was to your friend/sis... adorable picture, too.

happy, happy birthday to her, and many more years of love, light and laughter to your friendship!

melanie said...

you are going to get everyone crying! ... only because it is all true, humble, beautiful, and amazing, happy birthday Heather, hope you know today how much you are loved!

Heth said...

Oh dang. Where's the kleenex? You are killing me over here. Thanks Ann. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I still say she's kind of icky :)

Eric