Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sleeping In

Okay. NOT Fair. I just called my dad. It's 9:13 a.m. here which means it's 8:13a.m there. He and Mom were still IN BED SLEEPING.

I felt a tremendous urge to rush over there and put clothes in their dresser drawers and blankets in their closets, making sure to open the drawers and closet doors loudly. Or to fling the light on and say, "It's time to get up!" like my mom did. Or, maybe open the bedroom door and trumpet that army wake-up song through my fist like my dad always did to wake me and my brother up.

...

Actually, Mom and Dad have worked very hard in their lives and are finally retired.

Enjoy your rest Mom and Dad! I promise not to call so early next time :)

6 comments:

Heth said...

Hilarious. That time difference thing is going to kill you. Or kill all of us. :) It's snowing like crazy here and school is called off. Maybe your parents were just taking a snow day of their own.

How much snow did you guys get?

Anonymous said...

Oh my PW.....you can call anytime you want, cause remember, we can go right back to sleep.....Plus, it was a good thing you did, I got up and took my shower and was just finishing getting dressed for the day when the carpenter showed up at 0900. He wasn't supposed to be here until 1000 and dad and i thought we would sleep in really late. thank goodness you called and got us up and moving !!! mom

Still Learning said...

Someday will be your turn.....but I hear old "Arthur--itis" makes it impossible to enjoy? So my inlaws say!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I remember when my kids were little and sleeping terribly, my mom would call and say, "I didn't sleep very well last night, and I just can't fall asleep today, either, to make it up." I was livid. I would have loved 5 minutes to nap. Oh well, like you aptly pointed out, they've done their time!

Tina said...

so funny!
I love it!

Truth said...

I have a feeling that will be me in a few years. My kids will call and I will be sleeping. Just think what you have to look forward to.