Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Not Wierd or Anything...

Hey all! Linda tagged me for a fun meme. I would be most delighted to oblige!

The rules for this meme are: (1) Link to the person that tagged you. (2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Okay, here goes!


1. When I discover a song that I absolutely love, I listen to it over and over and over again until I know every word and every sound so that I can hear it in my mind without needing to use the cd. (I wish I did that with scripture!)


2. I'm terrified of spiders. I do a spider check every night before bed. I'm getting better. I'm to the point where I can crawl into bed without the lights on, but I still sweep the bed with my hands just in case a little critter is wanting to join me. I used to be much much worse, though. There was a time when I couldn't turn the light out, let alone go to sleep, without doing this routine. Check under my pillow, check under the bedspread, check under the flat sheet, lift the flat sheet way up to check in the bottom corners of the bed, check behind my pillow, check the wall behind me, check in the space behind my bed that is between the wall and the mattress, check all four corners of the room near the ceiling. Then I could finally turn my light off. Sometimes I would get that "feeling," you know, spider radar, that told me to quick turn the light back on one more time. I couldn't ignore this, too many times I'd had good reason.

I'll add to that, I used to hallucinate really badly just as I was falling asleep. I would either see hundreds of spiders falling down on me from the ceiling, or I'd see one very large spider crawling on me or the bed. When I would see these, it would appear as real as day, as if the lights were on and everything. I'd scream and jump out of bed, terrifying my husband. It's been a good couple years since that's happened (thank goodness!).


3. I just asked my husband what else is wierd about me. He says I have a huge space between my big toe and the next toe over on both feet. I do not.


4. I have a hard time making decisions. I want to please people. For example, I've typed and retyped 5 different things here for item number 4 but can't decide what the best thing to share would be.


5. You will never see me dance. I dance all the time with my kids in my kitchen, but if you see me at a wedding, no way. Also, I am totally out of my element and completely uncomfortable going to bars or dance places. But I did find myself in a mosh-pit at a Blindside concert once. Yes, I did that. It was scary.


6. I am completely addicted to chapstick/lipgloss. There is nothing worse than having dry lips/mouth. I would rather have ten thousand shots than go to the dentist and have them spray cold air in my mouth or put gauze/cotton in my mouth. Bleck.


Okay, that's enough wierdness for today :) I am calling out Tracey, Joanne, Anne Marie, Patty, PJ, and T to rise to the challenge!

7 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh,I'm going to post about a spider soon ... maybe I should alert you to it beforehand so you can skip the trauma. And guess what ... you are the first person to ever write anything so closely to me in your #5. I used to hold my babies and dance all over my kitchen, but I don't think I've ever danced in public at all. I went to some proms but sat most of them out, and if I did dance, it was a barely moving slow dance. I just can't do it. I just can't. would love to, but I can't. People have told me to drink a little to loosen up, but that's just not me. Great list!

Julie said...

When we moved up her to our small town I discovered scorpions in the house. I'd never seen one up close.

I read some articles online and they said something about them getting under the covers, dropping from the ceiling...etc. Now granted that was in Arizona, but if they dropped from the ceilings in Arizona, doesn't that mean they could drop from the ceilings in Georgia?

The night ritual became hunting for scorpions before crawling into bed.

I understand!

Have a blessed day,
Julie

Still Learning said...

I don't know 6 people!! Oh-- I read lots, but so few people know me.....I'll do what I can. I've never checked my bed for spiders....but I've had a good friend call me from the pharmacy drive thru to talk her through getting ia spider safety out of the car...because she doesn't want to kill it either...now that is brave compassion!!! (Sorry Ann! Just can't that go!)

Ann said...

Oh Patty, I'll never forget that day. I've never seen a spider like that one, either! I just couldn't move, I was frozen, it was RIGHT next to me on the interior of the door. I sat there a good 5 minutes before I called you. Then, thankfully, it fell out when I got up the nerve to open the door.

Isn't funny how I absolutely do not like them, but at the same time I don't want to kill them?

PJ said...

I'm so excited!! I actually did the meme AND managed the hot links!!! LOL

Julie said...

Ann, Thanks for popping over to my thread.

Yes, the scorpions are poisonous, but not deadly. It's like a bee or wasp sting. My daughter got stung by one.. They seem to like to hide in the dark and under laundry. Every week my husband would have to put the laundry in a pile for me as I wasn't about to pick a handful out of the laundry basket. The time my daughter got stung she had left a towel on the floor. Seems the scorpion liked hiding underneath.

It felt like a bee sting to her and we did the whole Benadryl thing. She was fine.

They left a few months ago. I hope they don't come back.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Julie

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Interesting stuff! I'm always astounded by just how many people are terrified of spiders. It makes me wonder what it is about spiders, as opposed to other bugs, that scares people so badly.

I'll post mine soon. I just did a blogging marathon on the stormtroopers' magazine photo shoot, and I'm all blogged out for the day! Thanks for tagging me, though! I've never been tagged for a meme before!